View Single Post

Old 08-24-2013, 06:10 AM
Mr.Weck Mr.Weck is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Novice

Mr.Weck is on a distinguished road
Default MS Office 2013 error (lots of errors)

Hey there, I'm new here and English is not my first language so go easy on me (that's what she said!).

So, I have a notebook with Windows 8 Pro, it came it basically nothing pre-installed, so I installed everything I wanted and came the time to install MS Office. I chose MS Office 2013. Installation Went fine, I didn't install every service because I just use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.

Alright, everything installed, I rebooted my notebook and tried to open Word, a "configuring installation" message showed up, went away, and nothing.. weird... Tried Excel... same thing... Then I tried opening the exe's, not the shortcuts, and this is what happened?

P.S.: I'll post translations since it's portuguese;

"Failed to start Excel in safe mode. Want to start to repair?"

If I click "Sim" which means "Yes":

"This installation package could not be opened, Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

And if I click No, at the previous popup:

"A lexicon (XLLEX.DLL) is missing or damaged."

Now, MS Outlook. This is interesting, it opened the window to add accounts, I added them without any problem, then it showed me this:

"Failed to register a file extension dll with VB script. Reinstall Outlook or run regsvr32.exe to register Vbscript.Dll automatically."

After I clicked OK, I tried to open it again and...

"Operation failed"

Now to PowerPoint:

"PowerPoint could not be started on the last attempt. Safety mode can help you solve the problem, but some features might not be available in this mode.

Want to start in safe mode? "

If "Yes" was selected:

"Not enough memory or system resources to start PowerPoint."

I call BS on that! 3+ GB of free memory and an idle i3 3110m are more than sufficient.

If "No" was chosen, it'd show me the same message...

Last, but definitely not the least, Word:

"Something went wrong and Word could not be started. (6)"

I want to say that I've reinstalled, cleaned registry up, used numerous Micorsoft's "Fix it", rebooted countless times, booted into safe mode but nothing solved it.

Fun Fact: I am using LibreOffice while MS Office ins't working, but I pretend to get rid of it ASAP!

That's it. I hope some of you guys can help me out. Again, if there are grammar errors, just get over it

Thanks!