View Single Post

Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Milon Milon is offline Mac OS X Office for Mac 2011
Novice

Milon is on a distinguished road
Default Toggle objects on / off with custom toolbar

Hi Forum!

I have been trying for 3 days to find a way to toggle objects (Company Logo and address) that are in the header and footer of a letterhead and invoice. There are other objects (page no's etc) in the header and footer that need to be always visible / printed so I can not just turn the whole header on and off.

The idea is the client can click a button to turn these objects off when they print on their headed paper (Pre-printed). Or leave them on to send a PDF or print a document for internal use.

I have an functioning example document but I can not work out how to target specific objects I import onto the page (or to define a name for them).

The example I have uses this code on an image file ("logo1"):

If ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterF irstPage).Shapes("logo1").Visible = True Then
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterF irstPage).Shapes("logo1").Visible = False
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterF irstPage).Shapes("logo2").Visible = False
Else
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterF irstPage).Shapes("logo1").Visible = True
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterF irstPage).Shapes("logo2").Visible = True
End If

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Miles