Thread: [Solved] Multilevel List
View Single Post

Old 07-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is online now Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

I don't think it should be that difficult. However, it is important that in doing this you not use the buttons on the ribbon, but rather follow the steps shown at How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in Word 2007 and Word 2010.

Note that you will have very confusing numbering if any of your numbered levels have more than nine items. Actually, you will have confusing numbering even without that confusion.

To clarify, I have added labels to your levels. Do I have it right?

1000 - level 1
1100 - level 2
(a) - level 3
(b) - level 3
1110 -level 4
(a) - level 5
(b) - level 5
1120 - level 4
(a) - level 5
1200 - level 2

2000 - level 1

Attached is a docx file with the numbering shown above. Note that you can have multiple instances of the same level four numbers.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Cascading Styles Numbered modified 2013.docx (18.6 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 07-01-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: attach docx