Thread: [Solved] Macro to highlight words
View Single Post

Old 07-01-2013, 02:42 AM
bertietheblue bertietheblue is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2003
Advanced Beginner

bertietheblue is on a distinguished road

Hi Big0

OK, I tried it, replacing your Array with the following line:

vFindText = Array("Schedule", "English", "The", "United States", "Scheduled Completion Date")

It replaced 'Schedule' with red but not the other words - any idea?

Anyway, this is definitely on the right tracks so I'm very grateful. I need to develop this further so that I can quickly locate standalone terms and multi-word terms, so that, eg, I can highlight:

'[not preceded by an upper-case word with certain exceptions, eg 'The'] Issuer [not followed by any upper-case word]', so that '[The/Each etc] Issuer' is highlighted but not 'Subordinated Issuer', 'Issuer Event of Default' etc.

or highlight multi-words so, eg, highlight instances of 'Subordinated Issuer' but not the 2 words separately.

And to do this for hundreds of terms in each document!

(Down the line, the elusive goal would be to auto-locate and list bold definitions in a document and auto-list terms that are not used except where defined - probably not achievable; otherwise the program would be out there, but as near as dammit would suit me)

The programming skills would, I imagine, be quite advanced to achieve what I want, but do you think this can be developed further? And if so, what's the most cost-effective way (obviously, I wouldn't expect anyone to do this for free) -I was thinking of contacting a university department. Or do you have the skills? PM me if maybe so.

Thanks
Bertie

Last edited by bertietheblue; 07-01-2013 at 05:59 AM.