View Single Post

Old 05-19-2013, 02:28 PM
lineweaver lineweaver is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

lineweaver is on a distinguished road
Default Hide non-master, non-themed objects for printing

I am putting together a set of slides that are menu-heavy affairs. My client wants each slide to stand on its own visually, but requires a pop-up menu for nonlinear navigation. SO! I have lists full of hyperlinks that appear/disappear at the click of a mouse; and these work great during a slideshow presentation. they do not exist on the master or as part of the master scheme.

But... The default display mode for both the normal and slide sorter panes shows all of the elements. I like to call them Pile-Ups. When the client asks for prints, I have to either run off of a separate presentation that has no menus (which is a configuration management nightmare - keeping the two presentations sycned) or I have to go through and kill all the menus in the existing one.

This is very similar to what happens when a client builds lots of fancy layered animations into a viewgraph then fails to grasp why all the elements print on top of each other. But now I have been painted into a corner. Are there any special controls or VB snippets I can employ to make the menus nonprintable?