View Single Post

Old 05-09-2013, 09:39 AM
sbarron76 sbarron76 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

sbarron76 is on a distinguished road
Default VBA Macro shared amongst different computers on a network

Good afternoon. I have been asked to to update a word doc to show different fields based on a selection in a check box. All this works fine, i used VBA to hide and unhide the fields based on the check box selection and all works well....on my machine.

I was not aware until today that with word 2007 my macros do not work on another user's machine (we don't use VBA in word often at all, this was the only solution i could come up with based on their needs). Unlike previous versions, where a user is prompted to enable macros upon opening a macro enabled document, it seems like word 2007 has made this more, if not too secure.

This document is shared on a network drive that any user can access and fill out. From my research around the net today, it sounds like there are a bunch of steps a user has to do in Word to be able to view the macro i built. Currently if another user opens my document on their machine, you can't even see the macro. To put it mildly, i work with a bunch of non-technical people, and telling them they have to go and install in add in or make changes to their normal.dot file or change trust locations is a non-starter. I might as well be speaking a different language.

Is there not a simpler way to create a word doc with some vba and have it available on a network share where anyone who opens the document has the macro available when they choose that check box option? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!