View Single Post

Old 04-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Popeye.Tom Popeye.Tom is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

Popeye.Tom is on a distinguished road
Question How 2 Save Table Properties & Apply to other table

Hi all,

NewB here! I have searched the forum here and other places and learned some new things like how to add a table to the Built In Gallery.

I cannot figure out how to Save a table's Layout>Properties and apply to another existing table. I have set column widths and want all tables to have these. How can I apply Table Properties, more than general Style to existing tables to fix column widths?

I have created and saved a Custom Style. This works fine, but it does not include column widths. The tables have 4 columns of varying widths. I want all tables to be consistent without having to select each table and manually edit Table Properties; Table tab>Preferred width & Column tab>each column's width; Options>Default cell margins.

I have created a Built In "quick table" and added it to Normal.dotm. This new table definition works fine when I execute Insert>Quick Tables & select my table in the list. These newly created tables have the style and column width of my created table.

But - How can I copy the column widths and overall table preferred width and apply it to existing tables?

Cheers,
PT

Last edited by Popeye.Tom; 04-23-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Change Post Icon