View Single Post

Old 04-15-2013, 09:42 PM
fumei fumei is offline Windows 7 64bit Office XP
Expert

fumei is on a distinguished road

macropod: "
Quote:
no end of possibilities for what might be done wrongly
Elan05, while not LITERALLY true (there is - eventually - an end), macropod's comment does point out something very important. To make some of the things we want to happen, actually happen fully and accurately, can take a complexity of logic (i.e. "possibilities")...NOT programming. The actual code required is not always more complicated; there is just MORE of it, and the relationship between logical elements becomes critical.

For example, if it is logically important to retain information (say that row 2 does NOT have formfields), then it is 100% the responsibility of the coder to make that possible. VBA will not remember anything unless it is explicitly instructed to do that.

These are logical processes, and not essentially code processes. The code is pretty trivial. or prehaps it is better to say, simple.

The more you can think things it out - if I suspect something I am working on may be seriously complicated I actually write things on...gasp...paper - the better and faster you will get to where you want to be.

BTW, thank you for detailing what you are working on in multiple threads. Some times people ask too many things for a single thread.