View Single Post

Old 04-11-2013, 02:59 AM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Wu View Post
I open the header of the first page of Section 2 (Table of Contents) and choose Word's Motion odd page header since that page is a right-hand page. Word does the following things that I don't understand:

- It displays the Level 1 heading from Section 3 in the Section 2 first page header and in the cover page header. I would prefer that the Section 2 first page header say "Table of Contents" or the document name - obviously I don't want the Section 3 heading there. And I obviously don't want a header of any kind displaying on the cover page.

- It assigns zero as the first page number of Sections 2 and 3. I know how to go in and change the first page number of these Sections, but does the zero indicate I'm doing something wrong?
The Motion odd page header doesn't add anything of its own accord to pick up any heading content - indeed, it inserts a content control inviting input of the document title. If you're getting document heading content there, that suggests you have a STYLEREF field in the header that's referencing a 'Heading 1' Style.
To prevent headers appearing in Sections you don't want them to appear in, you must first unlink the headers of the other Sections from the one you're adding the content to. You do this via the 'Link to Previous' button.

The Header tools also provide functions for formatting page numbers, including the starting number for a Section.