View Single Post

Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 AM
JennEx JennEx is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Competent Performer

JennEx is on a distinguished road

OK Paul ... we're moving forward now!

I've got the VBA code working well now. The merge is working, and the code is allowing the flexibility for the recipient list I need through the variable SQL.

I'm tackling the header and footer fields now, which aren't populating in the VBA merge. All that is being displayed is the final merged document is <<fieldname>>.

Quote:
1. You can overcome the header mergefield issue via the use of SET fields in the body and REF fields in the header. See attached (I've made a variety of changes to the header and the first row of the table in the body).
Unless I'm using REF incorrectly, when I add it to the mergefield after the opening {eg. {REF tldr} I receive "Error! Reference source not found."

I am also curious about, in the sample report you provided with me, the date fields: {REF Mydate \* charformat}

Can you explain how this works? "Mydate" isn't a field in my database ... so where did the date information come from? There is no formatting switch in your fieldcode, so where did the formatting come from. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, charformat ensures that the field font properties stay consistent with what is intended. DOes it ensure the number format remains as intended as well?