View Single Post

Old 04-06-2013, 04:41 AM
JennEx JennEx is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Competent Performer

JennEx is on a distinguished road

Hehehe ... still hanging in huh Paul? Nice!

So after last evening's round of experimentation and failure, I called it a night bound to start fresh again this morning. It was obviously a good thing. Leaving Excel VBA out of the equation all together, I am able to once again mailmerge with my mailmerge main documents. I accept the SQL prompt, and all of the 15 of 16 mailmerge documents are processing and creating there documents properly. Even the times are formatted correctly!

I did mention only 15 of 16. That individual document is the one you had me save as an ordinary document. When I open the document (again, Excel out of the picture), I get no SQL prompt, the document's fields populate (with what appears legit data for what I would have queried) but I am not able to "Finish and merge" ... it's greyed out. The only options available in the ribbon are "Start Mail Merge" and "Select Recipients".

The good news, in no case am I receiving the error I was last evening. But with the latter report, it would appear it's wanting me to select the data source again? I'm obviously confused.

Now ... lets throw Excel back into the picture. I understand the changes you made to the code. With the original Excel code, the SQL prompt would often times hang Word as the prompt was "hidden". I was required to disable the SQL warning through a registry change as recommended by Microsoft. I had to re-enable it to test your suggestions, so it's once again enabled in the registry.

Stepping through your code again today, I observed the following:

i) whether "ConfirmConversions:=" true or false, the results are the same. Still decimal time values. All time values, in fields consistent in all 16 reports, have the same symptom. It is not unique to anyone report or record.
ii) I can use your code, with any of the 16 reports, with the same results. It does not appear there is any diiference between using a document with or without an SQL attached.

And, not wanting to sound confrontational, but rather as an FYI ... all my reports are generating directory style reports despite "you have mergefields in the headers and you can't have different headers in a directory merge". I believe I had at one time attached a finished mail merged document made from one of the directory style reports.

I noticed that the header area of the report I sent you was for some reason much larger than it needed to be. The header really only holds the logo, report date and day, document created information and some statistical information ... all which remain static over the entire report. The core table where fields change with each record should be the body ....