View Single Post

Old 09-25-2009, 05:51 AM
BChianciola BChianciola is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

BChianciola is on a distinguished road
Default creating a template

I am trying to set up a template where when I open the file boxes appear asking me for information. I answer the questions and those answers get placed into certain areas of a long letter that has already been written. I know how to create a letter and than put the gray boxes in through Forms within ToolBar - but I would rather have the boxes pop up at the beginning which could detail what I should be putting down. Hopefully you all follow where I am going.

Thanks in advance.

I just found out you need to insert field, however I want the question boxes to come up when I open the document each and every time. Right now once I answer the question once it fills it in and the boxes don't appear when I open the doc.

* Ok I think I figured it out that if I open through my docs the boxes appear but if I open through word the boxes don't appear. This makes me feel that when I open through word it is allowing me to edit the file. My last question is now is there a way to answer a question once and to have it fill in multiple areas?

Last edited by BChianciola; 09-25-2009 at 08:22 AM. Reason: additional question