View Single Post

Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Dsp581 Dsp581 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

Dsp581 is on a distinguished road
Default make a form that can be used multiple times at once

Hi, I'm not very tech smart.. so don't know the proper words for what I want to say. I will try to describe this as best as I can. I will try to attach the forms that I am trying to work with. I made one spreadsheet that has the names of the people who took the orders of the products and the amounts that they ordered. The name of the "School" and their "packing #". The total they sold and the total packed including their free one, if they earned one. That spreadsheet, I don't have a problem with. The form I have a problem with, is the packing form. I would like all of that information to automatically go from the spreadsheet onto the packing sheet. But I can not figure out an easy way to do it. I did the first two. But I did them cell by cell. Sometimes I have 100+ names to enter and I am sure there must be an easier way to do this. Please Help!!! Thank you..Deb

I asked that question on an Excel forum last night and this was their answer..

Have you considered using Word and Mail Merge to do what you want..

Open Word
Setup a Form
Go to Mail Merge
Link to your Excel File
Insert fields
Merge
You can Merge to Individual Students, All Students and save as a combined File or Individual Files

While I appreciate them responding to me very fast.. I have absolutely NO idea what they are telling me to do. Starting with Setup a form. I know how to do labels and write letters in Word, and that's about it. I tried searching, but I didn't have any luck. Can someone Help me Please?? Thank you very much..Deb
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx 2013 packing sheet.xlsx (21.8 KB, 16 views)