View Single Post

Old 09-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Adam Schmidt Adam Schmidt is offline Windows Vista Office 2007
Novice

Adam Schmidt is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Can I re-install Office 2007 over itself?

Hi!

I bought an online download of MS Office 2007 that I thought was legal, but now that I've downloaded the latest service pack 2 from MS, it's saying my registration key has already been used to it's maximum allowed usage.

So, I've bought MS Office 2007 yet again just so I can get a new registration key.

My question is: Can I install MS Office (Enterprise edition) 2007 OVER the existing version without losing ANY of my emails or email settings that I have in Outlook 2007???

My current Outlook 2007 has had a issue with not showing the preview of the message for a few seconds when I get a new email even though I'm 100% sure I have the settings for it correct, so I'm hoping that I can do a new install and it will fix that problem, but I have like 14,000 emails that I CANNOT LOSE, it's years of communications with friends, family, etc. So, can I just do the install with the new MS Office that I re-purchased and everything will be okay, meaning that I won't lose any emails or email settings???

THANKS in advance for any help. I need help FAST please, as I'm getting a pop up window from MS that says I only have a few more days to take care of the registration key issue.