View Single Post

Old 03-11-2013, 08:26 AM
MikeBr100 MikeBr100 is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit
Novice

MikeBr100 is on a distinguished road
Smile Ever Find A Solution??

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to the Word / Excel has stopped working problem??

I have execatly the same issue with Vista and Office 2010 (Word & Excel) although slightly different in that I have two user accounts on my notebook and everything works perfectly on my account.

When my wife opens her account and then tries to use with either Word or Excel the program opens but then shortly after that a banner appears onscreen saying that the program has stopped working and shuts down!!!!

I'd be very interested to hear if you ever found a solution.

Cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyn View Post
While working in Word I get the message Microsoft word has stopped working and another window saying windows was troubleshooting the problem. Today it is happening with Excel.

I've tried and deleted ad-ins and also did a repair on the program but these solutions did not resolve the issue. Worked fine till about a week ago. Running on Vista and using the MS office home & student 2010 version. Other computer with same running on Microsoft 7 OK and other office programs (at least excel) this doesn't happen.

I did notice that there was a Microsoft security update pushed to my computer on the 11th which would coincide with when these issues started about. Thinking of going in and trying to delete the update if I can but don't know if this would help.

Can someone help, I'm going crazy with this.