View Single Post

Old 03-10-2013, 10:38 PM
gf1701 gf1701 is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

gf1701 is on a distinguished road
Default Adding a page without affecting all page numbers in doc

I wrote a manual for the office I work in. It's about 80 pages in length. I frequently update the manual. Often, I'll expand on a topic. When I do that, the topic spills over onto the next page, and the page numbers for the rest of the document change. In order for the table of contents to remain usable, I need to update the TOC, then print every page of the document from the changed page forward. That's an enormous waste of paper. I could significantly reduce the wastage by making each chapter of the manual a separate section, and restarting the page numbering for each section. But some of the chapters are very long, and changing page 1 of a section still means printing all the pages following it in that section. I was wondering if there is another solution. Is there a way to insert a new page and number it separately from the rest of the document? For example, say I'm editing page 23, adding several paragraphs. Is there a way to accommodate the added length by inserting a page and numbering it 23-1? I’m using Word 2007.