View Single Post

Old 03-09-2013, 11:50 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Hi CatMan,

I had a look at a number of boards (MSDN, TechNet, Win Secrets & this one with Access.net) that have separate forums for Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word & VSTO. What I found was roughly: 1/3 of all posts concerned Access; 1/3 concerned Excel; 1/7 concern Word; 1/8 concern Outlook; 1/14 concern VSTO; and only 1/100 concern PowerPoint.

That suggests there'd be a reasonable call for your Excel skills, but little for PowerPoint. If you really want to get into the market, though, you need to get up to speed with Access, Word & Outlook, including on the interop aspects of these apps.

Just my 2¢.