Novice

dmarie123 is on a distinguished road
Question

Hi Paul,

Regarding your questions:

Quote:
If I understand what you're saying, your answers would be:
1. No. If there's a colon, leave it; if there isn't, don't add one. --correct

2. ??? --In the documents that the macro searches each colon is followed by two spaces BUT when SSN/SSID appears in a sentence without a colon then it would just be one space.

3. Yes --correct

4. Yes -- correct
Your most recent version of the code is almost exactly what I want but it doesn't convert the dates to the longer format. How should I update the code to include the change from 11/12/2013 to November 12, 2013 and also include the above adjustments per your questions.

To further complicate things, the SSNs/SSIDs that appear with a colon are in a section of identifiers where the "SSN: 1234567899" is the only thing on the line so once I run the macro it would change the text like so:

From this:
Student Name
City: Chicago
SSID: 12345678999
SSN: 123456789

To this:
Student Name
City: Chicago
SSID: 12345678999 (Approved: )
SSN: 12-3456789

(You'll see there's a small change above with the hyphen now falling after the second digit, this was recently changed in our requirements, ugh.)

The rest of the SSIDs and SSNs that do not have a colon appear in the middle of paragraphs so regular spacing would apply.
By regular I mean if it happens to fall the way this one does ==> SSN
123456789 where the number is on the next line then that's acceptable, it's also acceptable to fall as SSN 123456789 in the middle of a sentence.

Is there a way around the hyphen displaying with formatting so it appears as the shorter one? Isn't that what the below does?
Code:
.ClearFormatting
        .Replacement.ClearFormatting
As far as applying the style I want to apply Arial 11, Left Aligned to all the documents in a folder because they come to us in variable fonts and sizes.

I'd MUCH rather use your most recent code (with the needed updates) but I wanted to at least attempt to resolve it on my own, I definitely don't mean to be one of the people that asks for help and then doesn't use it. I appreciate every single minute of your help.

Thank you,
Donna

Last edited by dmarie123; 03-08-2013 at 04:13 PM.