View Single Post

Old 02-28-2013, 07:54 PM
gopher_everett gopher_everett is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

gopher_everett is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for Windows Search app with ability to search by content

Hello,

This question is not specifically related to MS Office but because 90% of my computing utilizes MS Office applications and their files, I'm hopeful it's OK to post.*

Can someone recommend or direct me to a straightforward, simple-to-use and quick Search application which includes the option to search for file content?

Some time ago, I saw a recommendation for the application, Everything. It is fantastic but will only search for file & folder names. Now, I am hopeful to find something as similar as possible but which includes content-based searching.

I loathe the search system in Windows. After spending hours trying to figure it out and repeatedly obtaining inaccurate results (verified false-negatives**), I would be thrilled to find a replacement, especially one that allows the easy input of narrowing parameters.

Thanks

*Alternatively, if someone knows of or can recommend a good general Windows support forum, I would be happy to post my questions there.

**Verified false-negative = when the results of a completed search do not include a file which does contain the search criteria and is clearly within the defined parameters.