View Single Post

Old 02-21-2013, 06:46 AM
smmudge smmudge is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

smmudge is on a distinguished road

I have been merrily using the "Add Cation" and "Cross-reference" functions for a Word document and have now decided to move a figure from the end to near the beginning. I have cut and pasted it in along with it caption. However, it has retained it number from when it was at the end and the cross-reference also continues to use that number too. So my sequence now goes 7, 8, 52, 9, 10. I cannot see how to convince Word to make 52 = 9 and then update the rest. Am I missing something?

UPDATE:

After a frustrating hunt for information, I deleted the caption of the first of the moved figures and put it in again and all the others cascaded underneath to the right value - there does not appear to be an "update" function associated with this and it requires a kick to get it started. {is this a bug or request for a new feature?}

HOWEVER, the field codes for all the references have not automatically updated and I now need to find a way of getting them all to do that in one go rather than one at a time - any suggestions?

Steve