View Single Post

Old 02-06-2013, 10:26 PM
binar binar is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Advanced Beginner

binar is on a distinguished road
Default Forced Blank Pages in Sync with Acrobat

Fellow Forum Members,
Military documents require that if an EVEN numbered page contains no text or graphics it must be identified in the footer of the preceding ODD page as BLANK. So the page number of the ODD page that precedes a BLANK page looks like this:
1-3/(1-4 blank)
and the blank EVEN page that follows has no page number on it or for that matter no text of any kind.

Using a couple of Next Page Section breaks I'm able to make WORD show a BLANK page on the computer screen and setup the ODD page footer to make a note of the BLANK page to follow.

The problem develops when I generate the required PDF of the WORD file the Military wants. Acrobat interprets the forced BLANK page in WORD in a strange way. It automatically adds one additional BLANK page or sometines two additional BLANK pages which I have to go back and manually delete.

My question is simple. How do I setup a BLANK page in WORD so that Acrobat does not add any more BLANK pages of its own? My goal is to develop a VBA script that will automatically insert the BLANK EVEN page for me in WORD but at the same time maintain the same BLANK page in Adobe Acrobat. Any info on Insert BLank Page VBA scripts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.