View Single Post

Old 01-30-2013, 09:41 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Jeff,

I think you need a reality check. The role of an administrator is not to undertake the answering of everyone's questions - it's to ensure the board is run efficiently. That includes transferring threads to the correct forums when people post them in the wrong ones, deleting duplicate posts/threads (which one of yours was), policing inappropriate content, killing spam, and so on. Expecting adminstrators to know the minutae of every Office application as well and provide quick, detailed answers to sometimes inadequately expressed questions is totally unreasonable.

That said, if you check my profile, you'll find I have in excess of 5500 posts to my credit, at a rate in excess of 7/day since I joined this forum just over two years ago. Indeed, my posts account for around 13% of all the posts this board has ever had since it was created in 2005. And not one of them was a request for help - they were all helping others solve their problems. Not only that, I provide end-user support on numerous other boards as well. My posts here account for about half my daily average. None of this is paid and requires hours upon hours of commitment most days.

And surprising though it may seem, I do have a life outside of providing this free support. Sometimes I like to spend time with my family & friends, eat a meal, sleep, go to Uni, etc, etc. Gee, I might even take a vacation once in a while.

So, instead of ventilating, how about spending some time actually contributing???