View Single Post

Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
sfmd sfmd is offline Windows 8 Office 2007
Novice

sfmd is on a distinguished road
Default Why when I uninstalled 2013 Office (60-day trial) it also uninstalled my 2010 Office

Installing Windows 8 and actually being excited about the new possibly of the Microsoft family of “Metro” products, I decided to plunge ahead and install the Office 2013 60-Day trial.

All looked great last night under the fog of a few glasses of wine, but upon reflection (mainly 8 hours of sleep) I felt the challenge of all the new Office 13 features & new navigation would be a bridge too far for a short holiday season.

This morning (Monday) being a take charge kinda guy, I promptly uninstalled the 32-bit Office 13 60-day trail and was hoping to get my week started. I quickly found out my 2010 Office Starter products (Word & Excel) were also uninstalled and now Microsoft no longer provides Office 'Starter' support or allows any further downloading of this critical work product, leaving me high and dry on the rocks without the support of a MS spreadsheet tool.

Welcome to my week.

Last edited by sfmd; 11-19-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Change Office 2010 to Office 'Starter' 2010