View Single Post

Old 08-07-2009, 04:42 PM
themangoagent themangoagent is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

themangoagent is on a distinguished road
Angry

So here's what I want to be able to do, and I'm not positive what I should do to get there.

I want to open up word, and type in things like a name, ID number, date of birth, etc., and generate multiple documents based on that (not a mail-merge), without opening up each document itself (there are over 30 different letters).

The documents are letters that are really specific, but similar (so I am unable to harmonize them into just one plain document).

Someone I spoke with said that they worked with a document that had like a drop down menu with the various letter types on the list. Not sure if what I am asking for is possible. I read something about Auto Text, but I don't think it's quite what I am talking about.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211786

This is a link to the best information source I've found so far, but after following the steps, it just really didn't work. This is for Word 2000, and I'm running 2003, so a lot of the directions apply to things that no longer exist in the same way. Any body know which things I need to do differently to achieve the same result in 2003?
Any ideas?