View Single Post

Old 11-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Andrew H Andrew H is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Advanced Beginner

Andrew H is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
You macro works for me - it replaces the dropdown with the string "I made a selection". See attached.
Thanks, but it does not work for me (I tested with your attachment).

I guess there must be some "setting" that I need to change somewhere. Any thoughts?

I am a little confused - When I examine the properties of the dropdown list from your attachment, there is nothing selected in the "on exit" field. Nor does the name of my macro appear in the list of macros I can select "on exit".

I am basically a complete novice, but at least I believe I grasp the concept that a macro, once defined, has to be "reachable" from the document in which it is invoked. Could my problem have to do with this? Could my macro be correct (which it appears to be since it works for you) but it cannot be "seen" from the file in which I invoke it? That seems unlikely since, in my document at least, the relevant macro name can indeed be selected from the "on exit" field.

By the way I should have stated I am trying this with Word 2003, despite what my profile suggests (I have 2 computers, one with 2003, one with 2010).