View Single Post

Old 10-31-2012, 01:39 PM
goran goran is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

goran is on a distinguished road
Default Parallel page numbering/same page numbers for odd and even pages

Hi! I am formatting a document in a way where the original text is on the left side and parallel corresponding intervention (comment) text on the right side. By using the booklet printing function, hard copy of this turns just fine. By using different odd and even page function I have nicely managed to have one format (main text, header and footer) for the original text (left side) and the other format for the corresponding comments (right side). In order to have this right, I also have a cover page on page 1 so when the booklet is folded the real text starts at page 2. Basically I applied section brake after cover page and different odd and even page afterwards. There is no problem with features in headers and footers except for the page number. I would like to have parallel numbering (same page number) on the left side (which is, because of the cover page actually hard copy page 2) and on the right side (which is in fact page number 3). In other words, when the booklet is folded cover page does not have page number; first page of the original text should have page number 1, corresponding text on the right side page number 1 as well.
Is this possible to achieve by only using different odd and even page function or should I engage in multiple section breaks (which is then a lot of work)?

Every input is more than welcome.