View Single Post

Old 07-20-2009, 01:21 PM
FranklinBluth FranklinBluth is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

FranklinBluth is on a distinguished road
Default Auto-updating basic math functions & cross-referencing tables

I'm creating a form in Word where scores have to be tallied in multiple categories across nearly 15 pages. I'd like to set everything up so that the sums are calculated automatically but am having a few problems, as I've never used math functions in Word before:

1. When I use the basic "=SUM(A1:A15)" function, it does not automatically update the output if I input a new number in one of the affected cells. Excel performs this function dynamically, is there a way to do it in Word? Only option I see is manually right-clicking the formula and selecting "Update Field."

2. The first page of the document is a "Master Tally Sheet" that tracks results from all of the following pages. How do I reference the outputs from tables on these other pages? I only know how to get a formula to recognize data within a single table.

Attached is a sample document (just the first two pages, but you'll get the idea). The subtotal on every page has to be automatically feed back to page 1 - the Master Tally Sheet.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: doc sample tally sheet.doc (60.0 KB, 16 views)