View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 09:01 PM
CatMan CatMan is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Intermediate

CatMan is on a distinguished road
Default Hyperlinks do not jump to correct slide after consolidating two PPT's into one.

Can the ID of a slide be modified via VBA?

For example, if I open a powerpoint presentation that contains a hyperlink, I can right click and edit hyperlink. This reveals the slide number and slide name of all the slides in the presentation. The slide numbers start at 1. Can I change this to start at, say, 100, using VBA?

This would most likely allow me to consolidate two or more power point presentations into one and keep the hyperlinks working. (the next paragraph explains why consolidation does not work).

If I compare the list 'Select a place in the document' to another presentation list the numbers are not unique, because each presentation has a slide 1, 2, 3, etc. but the text string that follows the numeric slide number are all unique. If I consolidate the slides of the two presentations into a new presentation the result is that many of the hyperlinks do not jump to the correct slide. It would appear that PowerPoint relies on the numeric portion of the address to jump to and ignores the text string part of the address. OK, so can the numeric part be made to be unique?