View Single Post

Old 10-01-2012, 04:10 PM
CatMan CatMan is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Intermediate

CatMan is on a distinguished road
Default Hyperlinks do not jump to correct slide after consolidating two PPT's into one.

Hello forum and thank you for reading my post,

The problem I am about to describe only happens in Office 2007 (it does not happen in 2003-I have not tested in 2010 yet). I receive several small power point which I consolidate into one presentation (by copying the slides then pasting into the consolidated power point file). Slide 1 of each presentation has several hyperlinks used to jump to various slides within the file and each slide has a 'home' hot spot used to return to slide 1. If I copy all the slides in presentation A to the consolidated file, the hyperlinks in the consolidated presentation work fine but as soon as I copy the slides in presentation B the hyperlinks for this copy/paste iteration point to the wrong slides, that is, the hyperlinks continue to work but they do not jump to the correct slide anymore. I haven't had time to get to deep into this yet but it seems like the copied hyperlinks are jumping to some 'relative' slide rather than an absolute slide number, if that makes any sense. If I edit the hyperlink I can see that the link is pointing to the wrong slide. How can I consolidate two (or more) presentations without having to edit the hyperlinks?