View Single Post

Old 09-20-2012, 02:12 PM
rziegler rziegler is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

rziegler is on a distinguished road

Progress. Here are three scenarios:

(1) I installed a postscript printer driver for our local printer. From Word the fonts in the imported graphic print perfectly - razor sharp.

(2) When I use the Adobe PDF printer to create a pdf from the Word file, the pdf looks perfect, although there are no bookmarks or active hyperlinks (for example, to Word headings). It also prints perfectly, using either the postscript or PCL printer driver with our local printer.

(3) When I use the Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin, the pdf produced shows the fonts at much lower resolution. (However, all the hyperlinks are produced correctly.) This seems like an amazing disconnect. Word has the data, including the Adobe font, but the Acrobat PDFMaker cannot properly encode the font in the pdf.

I vaguely remember this problem from many years ago. I didn't resolve it then and I don't know how to resolve it now. What I really want is:

- To produce a pdf for viewing that has active hyperlinks and bookmarks with clean font rendering in the embedded graphics

- To produce a print file that has clean font rendering in the embedded graphics

These can be two different files, although it would be nice to have one.

Any ideas?

Last edited by rziegler; 09-20-2012 at 03:28 PM.