View Single Post

Old 09-10-2012, 03:05 AM
UnholySmoke UnholySmoke is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

UnholySmoke is on a distinguished road
Default Temp Mailbox turned permanent

Hi,

After having my inbox apparently moved from one server to another, I started getting the 'Temporary Mailbox' error message, allowing me to either see my fixed 'Old Data' or use a Temp Mailbox, where I could see everything since Friday morning, and send and receive.

A quick Google suggested deleting the account and the profile in Control Panel -Mail. Tried this, and the upshot is that I now don't even get an option - it takes me straight to that Temp Mailbox. Except it's now just...my Mailbox.

I think I have all the old stuff in a .ost (the new account has created a filename(2).ost for the new stuff) so I could presumably convert the old one to .pst and import it all. However, I can't believe all the old stuff has just been wiped from the server. Is there any way to merge it back in again?

In case this is relevant (and I reckon it is) I'm getting 'Secure Certificate Expired' errors every time I open up Outlook. I'm definitely talking to the same Exchange server address as everyone around me and they're not seeing that.

My Chrome does the same thing when I get into the Webmail service as well - big red Cert Expired page I have to click through to see my shiny, new, mostly empty account.

Any thoughts?

Ben