View Single Post

Old 09-07-2012, 05:23 AM
freeman freeman is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2007
Novice

freeman is on a distinguished road
Default Noob here - I need a shift calendar by days with count of shift.

Hello everyone, I am sorry for the noob question but maybe someone could do this in a minute rather than me in 8 hours.

I need to have a date and shift formula to appear when I place a start date and shift.

For example lets say my company is working 3 shifts 8hours each, 1st 2nd and 3rd.

We run various parts some take 9 shifts others take 1 shift and some could take 3 and or 4 shifts etc... varies from part to part day to day.

I would like to enter the day and shift starts, and the number of shifts it takes to finish. I would like the outcome to be the next start day and shift for the next part.

So if I start 9/7 on 3rd shift, and it takes 4 shifts to run, the next day we would start the next part would appear as 9/8 2nd

and if that 9/8 2nd shift part took 9 shifts to run (counting starting shift) the next part would start 9/11 2nd shift.

I hope this is enough information to help me. Thank you so much... I also have a more complicated request if you're up for it. I mean it is super hard.

Also we work 7 days a week. Except major holidays... but those should also be calculated in