Thread: [Solved] Buttons to select pages
View Single Post

Old 08-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Hello,

You are using terms that are Word jargon in unexpected ways.

Workbook = Excel file
Document = Word file
Page = a portion of a Word document that fills a page when printed
Folder = A grouping of files on a computer

You seem to be using the first three interchangeably; they refer to different things in Microsoft-ese. You may have meant "Folder" when you said "Workbook." I'm unsure.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what you are trying to accomplish. Putting each command in a separate document is going to be a messy way of doing it.

You can certainly have a macro that opens a different document and closes the document holding the macro. You can trigger that macro with a command button if you want. I would probably use a macrobutton field instead, myself.

Consider, instead, writing a custom Ribbon tab that is available in all of your documents. You do not use the Word interface to do this, though, if you want to share your custom Ribbon tab. See Customize the Ribbon (It doesn't take rocket science).

Or, if you don't want to bother with Ribbon modification, consider a UserForm which can be called from any document, display, allow choosing of different options or commands, and then going away. A UserForm is a custom dialog box. Create a Simple Userform