View Single Post

Old 08-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
Try a wildcard Find/Replace, where:
Find = [A-Z0-9 ]@^13
Replace = ^&
and set the Replace Style to, say, "Heading 1"
You can then insert a Table of Contents into the document (References|Table of Contents) and, voila! - all your headings will appear there - with page numbers and an underlying field that, if you add/delete headings, can be updated to reflect the changes by nothing more complicated than a Print Preview.
I would have thought this would pick up any paragraph that started with a capital letter. Thank you for sharing. I was definitely in over my head.

Walt, that table of contents can be set up to order, including having no page numbers if that is what you want. How to create a table of contents in Microsoft Word