View Single Post

Old 06-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Thomas__ Thomas__ is offline Windows Vista Office 97
Novice

Thomas__ is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb InfoPath and Sharepoint

Within the division I am working they severely lack an inventory database, we did have one some time ago but as other managers started to buy in equipment the updating of the database was overlooked and is now out of date. I have been set the deadline of 8 -10 weeks. Below are listed some of the requirements

Design a database to hold inventory details for all hardware items

Produce a list of the fields to be held for each item of hardware, e.g. serial, model, make, year bought, warranty, type (desktop, laptop, disk etc.), current user, location and any others you think would be relevant.

Access to database should be web enabled or via Sharepoint, allowing anyone in the company to view, add, amend details.

Asset tags should be produced for every item of equipment.

All existing equipment should then be recorded into the system.

My idea is to do this using MS InfoPath 2007. My company has a intranet that was created using Microsoft Sharepoint Server 2007. Where will I be creating the database?-is this in InfoPath because all I know is that you can create various forms or is this database created in the Sharepoint lists?

Thanks for reading this and I would be extremely greatful for any ideas on how this can be achieved using InfoPath and Sharepoint, thank you