View Single Post

Old 07-30-2012, 01:06 PM
ballj_35 ballj_35 is offline Windows XP Office 2007
Novice

ballj_35 is on a distinguished road
Default Moving data from multiple rows to 1 row for each program number

Everyone,

I know I need to do this as VBA, but I am so confused on how to write it, I would like to get some help and direction. I have attached the spreadsheet that I am working with. I need to do the following:

A. Each row should begin with the program number. Therefore, I need to break out the program number in column A '[XXXXXXXXXX]' to
it's own column.
B. Take the next value from Column A nafter the [program_number] and create in a column called Program Name and move it there.
C. In column A, the address information may have 3 or 4 lines.
A. If 4 lines, then the columns are Addr Line 1, Addr Line 2, Addr Line 3, City/State and move the data into this column.
B. If 3 lines, it is Columns Addr Line 1, Addr Line 2, Addr Line 3 (blank), City/State and move the data into this column.
D. Column D, 1st row is Phone #, 2nd row is Fax #, 3rd row is email. I need to move row 2 and row 3 to their own column.

The objective is to get everything on 1 row for each program. Can someone plz help me with how to put some VBA code in place to do this? I would appreciate it big time. Thanx in advance.

Jerry
Attached Files
File Type: xls ACGME_IM_PROGRAM_LIST.xls (291.5 KB, 9 views)