View Single Post

Old 07-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Isadora Isadora is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

Isadora is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Legg View Post
I'm assuming these 2 different versions of Office are installed on two different boxes.
Correct. My office computer was upgraded to Office 2010 32-bit on Win7 32-bit. Previously I was using Office 2007 32-bit on Win7 32-bit (I created this Workbook with that configuration). They are upgrading all of the company computers, thus I need to solve this issue. One year worth of work/programming, and it won't work in 2010?!

Quote:
Here are a few more things to check out in case Paul's suggestion doesn't resolve it:
  • is it 64-bit Office 2010?
No, it's 32-bit.

Quote:
  • the refedit control often causes problems. If you're not actually using a refedit control in your project then remove it from the references.
Whatever I uncheck from my references, then I am unable to save the workbook. A pop-up displays and reads:

Errors detected when saving [nameofmyfile].xlsm. It may be possible to save the file by removing or restoring some features. To execute the restoring options in a new file, click on Continue. To cancel saving, clic on Cancel.

I clic on Continue, and then another pop-up displays, reading:

There were some errors during saving. Minimal saving of file C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XL17C8.xlsb

Quote:
  • if it is 32-bit Office 2010 then try reregistering the windows common controls library by going to Start>Run> REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX
Done, but a pop-up displays, and it reads:

Module MSCOMCTL.OCX was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer call failed. Error code 0x8002801c.

Is there any chance I can send the file in PM to some life-saver out there? I don't feel like publishing it on the board as it has some sensitive content.
Thanks for your help.