View Single Post

Old 07-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewmb View Post
In Office 2010, I created a Normal template with certain styles. I then created other group templates based on the Normal template. I want to update certain styles in both the Normal template as well as the other templates. How do I do this? I believe also want to change all of my styles to check off "New documents based on this template". What exactly is this option and is there a way to modify all of the styles rather than having to modify each one in each template?
First, as to your last question, you do not want to do this. You do not want the default to be to change the template. I don't know that it is possible, but I do know it is a bad idea.

Once a template is created, its styles are divorced from the normal template. If you want to transfer styles, you would want to copy them using the Organizer. You can record a macro copying styles from a certain template to the current template. This concept is explored more in: A Global StyleSheet in Microsoft Word