View Single Post

Old 06-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is online now Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowney1 View Post
I am very unfamiliar with the restrictions and advantages of the legacy form fields. While I have been working with Word for years, I have never had any formal training, and hence I am unsure which is better for which application.

I think I would like to tab between fields, but also place bullet lists and number lists, while at the same time making sure I am using the spell check feature of Word.

Thanks so much for the responses.
Legacy form fields:
Difficult to spell-check - requires macro
tab from field to field
Cannot place bullet or numbered lists in field, can have fields in bullet or numbered lists
Cannot keep from entering carriage returns although you can keep more than one line of text from displaying.

Content controls:
Spell check automatic unless you take big steps to stop it.
Click from field to field
Can place bullet or numbered lists in Rich Text form field
Can keep plain text fields from accepting carriage returns

One other method you might want to examine is the MacroButton Field prompt. [Click here to type Name] It is used in a non-protected document (Word 97-2010) and typing replaces the field.
You go to the next field by either clicking on it or pressing the F11 key. Contents can be anything and you are limited to one line of text for the prompt.