View Single Post

Old 06-26-2012, 04:30 AM
dan1 dan1 is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2007
Novice

dan1 is on a distinguished road
Default Date picker mail merge error.

I want excel to use a DTPicker to fill the cell with the selected date (linked cell) the for that cell to be used in a mail merge.

But I am having problems with days between 1 and 12.
I'm using a DTPicker so there is no room for user data error.
I have the dtpicker format set to short date - "dd/mm/yyyy" (Have tried long too)
I have the merge field set to long date - "dd mmmm yyyy"
I have the regional settings for my computer set to English (UK) - short date as "dd/mm/yyyy" and i have tried formatting the excel cell in every date format, text, custom etc

When I enter the date 12/01/2012 (meaning 12 Jan 2012) that is the way it is stored in excel (via linked cell). When you do the mail merge it shows as 1 December 2012, but if i put the merge field to DD/MM/YYYY format it reads correctly as 12/01/2012. What really weird is that if i select a day after 12th ie 13/01/2012 it puts it in the mail merge correctly as 13 January 2012!!! I could understand if it was stuck in US format but it seems as though if the date can be US (ie day under 12, recognised as month) it will put US (despite everything being set to UK format) but if not it will put UK format. It makes no sense.

So technically it is still day month year, but the day and month switch on their own i the day is before the 12th!. The other funny thing is that if you go back to a short format and the date still shows 12/01/2004 as it should.

Any ideas?