View Single Post

Old 06-18-2012, 07:03 AM
ChrisC ChrisC is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

ChrisC is on a distinguished road
Arrow Applying "Paper Source" settings to multiple sections in a mail merge does not apply

Hello everyone,

I am currently experiencing an issue within a large mail merged document whereby I am trying to apply "Paper Source" settings to multiple sections in my mail merge but when I click on the relevant Paper Sources, then click the drop down to apply that setting to the Whole Document then click on "Set as default", they do not seem to be applying as when I am printing, only the first record of the 300 page mail merge (3 pages each going to 100 users) will print from the correct Trays of the printer.

I basically need each 1st page of each instance of the 100 letters to print to Tray 2 (Letterheaded paper) and each 2nd/3rd page of the letters to print off to Tray 3 (Plain paper). But as I said, this is currently not happening.

I know it is possible as a colleague of mine does these from time to time but on her computer she is able to apply those Paper Source settings to the whole document without any issue.

We are both using Windows 7 64 bit with Office 2010 32 bit. Identical images on the machines so Windows and Office patch levels are exactly the same on both.

Any help or suggestions with this would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Chris