View Single Post

Old 06-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Cosmo Cosmo is offline Windows Vista Office 2007
Competent Performer

Cosmo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw View Post
Is there any way to edit layers once they are buried underneath the others? Example: Let's say you have 4 clip art pics- one each of a sun, a moon, the earth, and a rainbow and they are sitting one on top of the other in that order. Let's also say that the rainbow is the biggest and is now covering the other images so that you cannot see them or click on them. How can I get to the moon image and edit it if the rainbow is in the way? I know I can tab between the images and send to the front, but when I hit send to back, the rainbow goes all the way to the back. When I hit send backward, the rainbow goes only 1 behind. But I need it to go back two spaces, not one, and not all the way to the bottom. So, how can I edit what I need to edit and then send the image back to its' original position? Thanks!
Look for the 'Selection Pane' (Not sure where it is in the menu/ribbon, but have it added to the Quick Access Toolbar)

In that pane, you can hide or rearrange the items on the page.

Edit: It looks like it's on the Home tab, under the 'Arrange' icon in the 'Drawing' section (at least it is in 2007)