View Single Post

Old 05-24-2009, 04:11 AM
Bird_FAT Bird_FAT is offline Office 2007
Expert

Bird_FAT is on a distinguished road

'Noting2.doc'
The box to the left has been placed into the Header and I have added two blank text fields in the main document window to aim people towards the correct areas – they can type in these boxes, while the design itself is protected by being in the Header.
If the red lines are also supposed to be part of this, then the could also be part of the Header.
If this is saved as a Template, then it negates a lot of the issues that were there in the first place. I don't think this is really ideal, as moving on to a new page will not take the fields with it, but then, do you need to have the number and date more than once in a document? Though I suppose you could write a quick bit of script to copy and paste the frame and fields if a new page is created - declare pg AS Range, then use a For Each statement to govern the copy paste operation?!

'Noting3.doc'
If this was created as a full form, with sections that allowed for large input, etc. Then it could be protected, thus stopping any form of tampering, but not stopping people being able to enter data. - this would be my idea of the best approach, then you just open a new page from Template whenever you need it.

'Noting4.doc'
The other way this could be done is to add the fields to the box INSIDE the Header – but that would depend on what the number and date are – you could create autonumbers relating to page numbers (if that’s what the number is!!) and place an autodate (unticking the ‘Automatically Update’ box) to create a ‘date on creation’ field! - this would be a better option than the first to me as it would then auto populate and negate user error - the only thing is, you would need to know what the reasons for the two fields are!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Noting2.doc (56.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: doc Noting3.doc (57.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: doc Noting4.doc (56.0 KB, 16 views)