View Single Post

Old 07-27-2005, 09:57 AM
AJ

Default Office 2000 freezes when I try to save to Floppy drive

Whenever I try to save anything in Excel, Word, or Access onto a floppy disk it hangs up the system immediately. I left it alone for 10 minutes and it just sat there and said it was saving but never does. When I try end the task I get this error...

"This program cannot be closed. If it is being debugged, please resume it or close the debugger first."

I thought this could have been a hardware error but I can save to the floppy drive on everything that's not MS Office related like Notepad, Wordpad, MS Paint, etc.

This is also related to a specific PC model...the Pentium 4 IBM Netvista (model 6794-11U). I work in a hospital and we use all kinds of PCs here
(Dell, HP, IBM, etc) and this problem only seems to happen on the IBM Netvistas. The problem kind of sprung up suddenly and now it's affecting the whole hospital staff that are using the IBMs. I've done a lot of research on this problem and have come up with nothing. I've fully updated the Windows updates and Office updates but that didn't change anything either.