Thread: [Solved] auto number in word
View Single Post

Old 05-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by expert4knowledge View Post
Thanks a lot Charles,
I could find a template file from office website and it works, but I am interested to know how to defile rule lines in header? Also how can we put the numbers inside a floating borderless text box? I tried to do it but it seems that it does not work.
Defile or Define rule lines?
You draw them as graphic lines. You set them to float in front of text rather than being in-line with text. (The whole header layer is behind your body text.)

Same with the text box. A text box is a graphical element in a separate layer. I also have the text box (drawn inside the header) float rather than wrap or being in-line with text.

I group the rule lines together so they can be moved as one unit.

You will want, I expect, fixed spacing for your line numbers, to simulate the line numbering on a typewriter. (This is almost as good as August having 31 days to flatter Caesar or the QWERTY keyboard arrangement designed to slow down typing!)

Hope this helps.