Thread: [Solved] show a cell
View Single Post

Old 05-26-2012, 05:55 AM
s7y s7y is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Advanced Beginner

s7y is on a distinguished road

Ok, here we go then. What I am working at is a loadplan for an airplane. Namely the Boeing 747-400 Freighter. Data is the sheet where I input the Unit Load Devices (ULD) coming from the warehouse. This is the list of all that will have to be loaded inside the plane. Report is the sheet that I will distribute to the loading team. This shows where the ULD have to be loaded. Basically this is the result of Weight and Balance calculations. Back to the sheets now: Data: Column A=weights, B=serial of ULD (there are no doubles), C=destination of Uld, D=Height of ULD and E=Specials into ULD (if any). I get the data via email and I insert it in Data by hand. Then I choose the positions where I want the ULD to be loaded (Report). The conditions are Weight and Height. We have different Heights: Q6, Q7, S6, S7, A1, A2, T, PLD and W2. PLD can go anywhere in the airplane. W2 can fit only below Row 19. Q6 can go in any position but the lowerdeck (not below row 19), Q7 can not be placed anywhere below Row 19 nor before column F, A1 and A2 same as Q6, but they are specially built to fit in nose positions (column A and B). T is the same as Q7 but it is specially built for tail position (Column R, becaue of max weight allowance). S6 is the same as Q6 but it is a slightly longer pallet, S7 is same as Q7, slightly longer pallets. For S6 and S7 also position restrictions applies but I have to check for the exact a/c registration. For the weights I can do conditional formatting and get an error message when ULD is too heavy for that position.

Back to the first problem. When I make a loadplan (report) I select the ULD in Data by mean of a macro and position it in Report. When I go back to Data to select the next one it would be very handy if the chosen position are shown and if it would be impossible to select an ULD if this has already been positioned. The workbook (S7y) that I have attached some posts ago is the actual layout of both Report and Data (the colors are only to show the positions, they are not there in the actual sheet so feel free to cancel them all).

Hope this makes more sense but please feel free to ask questions and, if you need to, I can send you the original program I am working on (I don't feel comfortable posting it here as there is some "sensitive" data in it).

Thank you very much and sorry for the trouble