View Single Post

Old 05-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteban View Post
MS Word 2010. I have a strange formatting problem.

I must have changed a paragraph or style setting, perhaps by mistake.

Whenever I try to apply a style to one specific character (bold, for ex.), the style applies not only to that character but also the two characters AFTER it.

If I bold the last character of a word, then the first character of the NEXT word then bolds. Sometimes it happens in the word PREVIOUS to my character selection.

I have never seen this before in 12 years of MS Word usage. What did I do?
I have been using Word for even longer and have never seen it, either. I tried to replicate it and could not.

When really weird behavior shows up in Word I suspect an Add-In. Try opening Word in Safe mode and see if you get the same behavior. If not, write back and I'll see if I can suggest things you could do. If you are in a hurry, see “How to troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word 2010, Word 2007, Word 2003, or Word 2002” at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541.