View Single Post

Old 05-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Your keyboard shortcuts are all in both the original and the verdana. There are no shortcuts in the normal.dotm. If you put your original in your Word Startup folder you should have access to the shortcuts and macros. Then you can do the font modification in the freshly-generated normal.dotm.

Random thoughts as I look at the files:

You apparently had omnipage, bluetooth, and at least one other Add-In on your old system. XML mods for them are showing up in your old files in the Add-Ins tab. At least one bluetooth Add-In has been known to cause problems with saving changes to normal.dotm.

Your macros appear to have been imported from Word 95, or at least have a lot of WordBasic commands. They show a lot of work and thought, but many of them are basic formatting commands. You can assign keyboard shortcuts to those commands directly without macros. Otherwise, you should be doing most of your formatting using Styles, not directly. Understanding Styles in Microsoft Word At some point I expect MS will stop supporting WordBasic commands in Word, but perhaps not. If they are working for you, great!

I am using a tool developed by Chris Woodman called the Shortcut Organizer to look at the key assignments. Chris Woodman's Keyboard Organizer

Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 12-13-2015 at 10:02 AM.