View Single Post

Old 05-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyro2222 View Post
I have tried everything to get keyboard shortcuts to my 2007 macros to work in 2010. I'm an advanced and now frustrated user.

4. I save the normal.dotm and normalnew.dotm
5. close all
6. double click normalnew and th emacros work, but not the keyboard shortcuts.
Any suggestions?
thx
Hal
Where did normalnew.dotm come from? What happened to normal.dotm?

If you still have the normal.dotm with your macros (and shortcuts) and you saved normal.dotm as normalnew.dotm (with your macros and shortcuts) you have duplicate macro names and keyboard shortcuts. It is possible that Word is confused. This should not be happening, the macros and shortcuts in the open document or its attached template should override those of the same name in normal.dotm, but this is all I can think of.

If you still have the normal.dotm with your macros (and shortcuts) and you saved normal.dotm as normalnew.dotm (with your macros and shortcuts) try, with word closed, renaming normal.dotm. Then open Word. With Word open, open normalnew.dotm or create a document based on it (double-click). Are your macros and shortcuts now working?