View Single Post

Old 05-17-2012, 01:47 PM
CrabApple CrabApple is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

CrabApple is on a distinguished road

Paul,

Thank you SO MUCH for your assistance! I hope I am not testing your patience here by asking anything else, but I'm interested if you would mind explaining how you altered the formula to keep it from changing with a print job. The manual you linked to before was very helpful but I still feel like I know so little!

Finally (and if this is pushing the envelope, I completely understand if you prefer not to address it) I was curious if you knew how I might accomplish the following:

At the bottom right of the form is the date that the document is signed. I know of the simple date function that will put the date the form was last accessed in there automatically every time the document is opened. Our forms are submitted digitally, however (which is why I didn't discover the printing problem earlier), so automating this field doesn't make sense--UNLESS there is a way to keep it from updating after having the date entered the first time.

In other words, Joe Blow opens the document, completes it, and the form "knows" that he completed the form that day. He then saves it and sends it on its way. Is there a way to keep this last date on the page from changing after that (when its opened at headquarters and saved an additional time*)--perhaps by somehow tieing it to entering the "Week Ending" field that every other date is dependent on?

*The dates, once entered, will never be changed by headquarters.

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed trying to figure this out and having your sage guidance when I (so often) hit a dead-end. This has been quite fun and extremely edifying. I really appreciate your work; if there's any way I can support it, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Del

PS I did check the "update fields before print" box just to see if that would fix the older form, but sadly it did not. The latest form you made up certainly works fine, but you already knew that!